The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL), a fast-growing provider of acquisition services to the US federal government, is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to direct our Strategic & Spectrum Missions Advanced Resilient Trusted Systems (S2MARTS) OTA. NSTXL is the consortium manager for S2MARTS which designs, develops, issues, and manages innovative solutions in the EMS, microelectronics, radiation hardening and strategic mission’s hardware areas. S2MARTS works with program offices across the DoD to help craft innovative RFPs and then markets these to a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional companies to propose solutions. The S2MARTS program director will work directly with military, commercial and academic stakeholders to help identify and secure solutions for military needs and help facilitate their successful completion.
The Director is the day-to-day manager of the S2MARTS program interacting with the government clients to ensure the program runs effectively. Responsibilities will include managing the Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) acquisition process (pre-solicitation through award), performing program management functions for the S2MARTS vehicle, and generating new prototype projects through continuous customer outreach.
Managing OTA Acquisition Process
• Work with our government clients to formulate clear, concise prototype solicitations.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for NSWC-Crane to ensure consistent solicitations
• Act as a knowledgeable liaison and partner to the requiring government activity and contracting command.
• Manage the solicitation process in conjunction with other NSTXL staff.
• Work with our government clients and commercial/academia prototype developers to ensure successful prototype completion in conjunction with other NSTXL staff.
• Serve as primary point of contact for Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane-Division and requiring government activity
• Track, monitor, and develop any needed solutions related to project invoicing, schedule, and performance.
• Working with other NSTXL staff, maintain awareness of overarching consortium status, financial status, and agreement milestones.
• Actively and consistently engage with key stakeholders to maximize industry participation within the S2MARTS community (private sector, academia, and government).
• Create curated outreach plan that continuously identifies requiring activities with needs aligning to the S2MARTS scope.
• Provide OTA-related insights and connect the needs of potential government clients to the S2MARTS vehicle.
• Work with other NSTXL staff to create new content to position NSTXL and S2MARTS as thought leaders in the trusted electronics, and strategic and spectrum mission space.
• Stay topical on the latest technology trends and developments across the relevant S2MARTS technology categories.
• Host our S2MARTS industry events and participate in speaking roles at other events as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in software, engineering, business, policy, or related field.
• Federal contracting/acquisition experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of current S2MARTS technologies.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication capabilities.
• Good team working and team building skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Problem solver.
• Active security clearance (Secret or higher).
• Master’s Degree in software, engineering, finance, business, policy, or related field.
• 5+ years of program or project management experience.
• Experience working effectively with technical and commercial business stakeholders, including strong facilitation skills.
• Crane, IN or Bloomington, IN
• Travel for this position is estimated at 25%.
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better, cheaper, and faster defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
The Strategic & Spectrum Missions Advanced Resilient Trusted Systems, S2MARTS (pronounced “smarts”) is a new OTA (Other Transaction Authority) from NSWC-Crane Division. S2MARTS is designed to refine strategies, management planning activities, and implement integrated, complementary solutions that enable broader DoD access to the commercial state-of-the-art electromagnetic spectrum (EMS) technologies, advanced microelectronics, radiation-hardening and strategic missions’ hardware. This OTA will issue RFPs from across the DoD seeking new solutions to promote U.S. military dominance in EMS, trusted electronics and strategic mission hardware. S2MARTS is an open consortium, meaning that any interested party can view the RFPs but only consortium members can submit proposals. For more information on S2MARTS, including a list of current open opportunities, check us out at www.s2marts.org.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.